Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Sister!! 

Well, when it rains it pours.  And, it was raining here yesterday, so it pours visitors!!  I am SO excited!!  As you all know, my parents were her a week and a half ago.  Mostly TOTALLY enjoyable (see previous blog).  We ended the week with a 1 night for them-2 night for Brent and I stay in Vegas.  My mom's favorite place on earth....bahahaha...I say that with the highest of uses of sarcasm.  When my parents left (tear), Brent and I stayed Saturday night.  It was mostly great..oh, except for when Brent disappeared for 6 hours with a dead cell phone and..if I may quote myself....To: My mom:  "He better be dead, cause if he isn't, I'm going to kill him when I find him....".  End quote.  He wasn't dead and still isn't...he's a lucky man.....more on that some other time. 

Anyway, Sunday we got to have lunch with Nathan and Tammy!!  That was awesome since I haven't gotten to really talk to them let alone really see them since....mine and Brent's "wedding"..."reception/party".  So, even if we have to meet halfway across the country, we still will meet!!!  Then, Sunday, we headed home...on a 6 1/2 hr drive that is supposed to take 4....oh well, I couldn't complain as right before we left, I stuck $50 in my FAVORITE penny machine and cashed out with $700...thank GOD!!

Ok...back to pouring visitors.  So, this Saturday, Staci Ball (awesome friend from Centralia) is coming to visit!!!  She'll be here until next Wednesday!  Woohoo!!!  Then, the Monday following, Patty and Dawn (Brent's sister and mommy) will be here for the week.  The next week, we are off (although accepting applications for visitors).  The week after that, an AWESOME couple friend from KC (Jim and Kim) are coming.  They aren't staying with us, as she won a trip here in an auction, but we will hopefully get some good quality time in!!  The week following, (April) another awesome KC friend (Lindsay) has made a reservation at Chouteau Henkshe (Henke+Belshe=Henkshe...?????). 

So, as you can see...enough e-begging (Facebook) and move to a cool/warm place will bring visitors-a-plenty!!...and I couldn't be more excited!!!!


As for Brent and I recently, we spent some of Saturday afternoon at a place called Griffith Observatory.  It is an awesome look-out-over-LA place where you have a much closer and unobstructed view of the HOLLYWOOD sign as well as a BEAUTIFUL view over LA.  (Sorry mom and pop, wish we would have known about it BEFORE you came...).  Anyway..they have trails that go down through the (quite steep) hills.  We were hiking down some.  Now, try to picture this.  Sicily 1931..wait, I'm not Sophia Petrillo...but do really picture this:  Carly "hiking" on a downward trail.  Ok..I have TERRIBLE balance when the world under my feet is perfectly horizontal.  Add any degree of vertical to it and I'm SCREWED!!  I have bad feet, I don't like incline (or decline) and I wasn't really loving this.  Anyway, we are going down hill down the side of these steep cliffs.  The path, I will admit, wasn't bad....almost enjoyable until...it ended.  So, Brent (my genius husband) decides we will hike STRAIGHT UP not on a trail back to where we came from.  After all, shortest route, right?  Now....I'm all for the shortest route but funny how shortest route is STRAIGHT UP!!  So, on no trail, with nothing to hold onto Brent (who has Cal Pal by the way) basically runs straight up it no problem.  He is better with the not holding onto something than me.  I on the other hand, was taking it slower, kept slipping in the mud, angry at nothing to hold onto, sweating in my fleece jacket (as it wasn't as cold as I thought outside).....FINALLY we reach the top of the hill we were "hiking" up....only to find the restaurant we had to go through was fenced in.  So here we are a mere 2 inches from people overlooking the cliff, only we are on the wrong side of this damn fence.....its about 5' tall.  I'm a tall glass of water coming in at 5' 9.5" but, its hard to fenegel over a fence that tall.  So, we should just go around, right?  WRONG.  The "around" route is right over the edge of the cliff.  A basic dropoff!!  lol.  I felt just like Lucille Ball in any I Love Lucy episode!!  Hysterical.  Probably my favorite part was that people got to watch me "hike" this damn cliff!!!  Oh...what a fun day it was.  Anyway...we ended up finding a taller place of ground so the fence was a little shorter and I hoisted Calvin to Brent and we got the hell outta there!!  lol..  People at the outside tables and chairs kept asking me where we came from!!  HAHA!! 

And, we went to the Price is Right and didn't get called on...Thats all I care to say about that.  lol

Anyway..sorry this one was a drone on but, I figured I hadn't typed in a while so I could go on and on and on and on...and on. 

More later!!  Love and kisses to you all!

Oh...ps...I've started watching Pushing Daisies and I HIGHLY recommend it...if you possess the ability to watch it from the beginning and to truly sit and watch it.  Its cute, quirky, and very aesthetically pleasing!!

PPS.  In case I don't get back on too soon...3/1  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lydia!  I love you!!
                                                                   3/2  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MUMMY AND DAD!! I love you so so so much!!!
                                                                   3/8 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Daniel!..I'll see ya
                                                                   3/9 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Staci...you'll be here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment