Thursday, February 3, 2011

2/3

Hey blogger followers!!  I hope this one finds you warm, cozy, and not on the roads.  Here, however, the sun shines brightly and the temp holds steady at a refreshing 62.  Which is actually kinda funny that I say that as I look around this Starbucks and see most of the people here (self included) wearing jeans and sweatshirts....I bet all of you mid-westerners (self included) would be wearing shorts or at the very least capris.

I wasn't kidding when I was talking about THINKING you see movie stars EVERYWHERE here!!  I've been here for about an hour now and my eyes have told me they have seen Taye Diggs and Paul McCartney.  Also a kid I know from high school but..he's not famous....so many dopplegangers everywhere!!  haha.  

I thought of another addition to my "You know you are in in LA when.." blog.  It is:  You are asked for "spare change" a hundred times a day.  Even yesterday, as I was sitting at a table inside a restaurant (with open garage-type doors and ceiling) a homeless man asked me (from outside) for spare change.  To these people:  HELL NO!!  Between the 10% tax you charge here and the parking meters that seem to have a bottomless pit of a stomach for my spare change....NO, I have none left for you.  I'm sorry!!  lol.  Thats awful, but true.  I was just telling Brent yesterday, how I bet all these homeless people were PISSED when debit cards came out.  The worst part is that you can never tell who its going to be either.  This morning, this nicely dressed woman with a full length brown coat, scarf and hat, drinking a Diet Coke from a can asked me for some spare change....?  I guess I just have that "helping hand; sweet, midwesterner" look on my face.  Or..maybe its the Missouri license plate and the topper on our truck.  haha.  Who knows?!

Anyway, my days here are filled with thrifting, driving, walking, working out, cleaning, coffeeshopping for the internet and (the most unbelieveable) cooking.  Oh, and more driving.  Brent is jealous until I tell him what I actually did that day and sees that his supper is ready and his bed is made and then is happy again.

 Oh, funny story.  Last night on our way back up from the hot tub, Brent and I noticed our neighbor's keys were in her door.  So, I rapped on the door to tell her and when she opened it, three dogs came RUNNING OUT!  Then, because Brent had opened our door, Calvin came bounding out as well.  So, these four dogs were in the hallway smelling butts and growling and being curious.  Anyway, one of the dogs was a labradoodle puppy.  ADORABLE!!  We starting chatting and petting her dog and come to find out...she is a dog trainer!!  She said the little labradoodle (Reginald) was up for adoption if we wanted him.  HAha.  I told her since we were travel nursing, probably not a great idea.  But, (and I'm sorta unclear how this whole part went down, what with the happy hour Brent and I went to and the beer/wine we drank in the hot tub) but we ended up baby-sitting him for the evening for this young lady, so she could get some sleep.  haha.  He IS absolutely the cutest dog ever (next to Cal Pal) and so sweet.  He IS NOT potty trained or name trained like she said.  Atleast not with us.  So, he ended up being taken outside 5 times more than Calvin's 1 time and peeing in our apartment 4 times more than Carly.  haha.  Anyway, in one of his unsuccessful outsidings, a nice couple came up and asked Brent "how much!!!"   Not "how cute" or "for adoption?".  "HOW MUCH!?"  So, we got their info and passed it on to little Reginald's foster mommy.  Good luck to them all!!

Anyway, off for now.  I love you and miss you all dearly!!

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment