Thursday, March 10, 2011

3/10

Pretty sure my favorite part of living in Los Angeles is being responsible for picking up Calvin's poop EVERWHERE we go.  Not really but, I'm sure its his.  He is the dog with the biggest spite for me, I think.  Not only does he wait to do his #2s when we are somewhere public (ie, the tar pits park in front of a homeless person, or the nice couple walking hand in hand we just passed cause he doesn't know how to walk slow, or right in the middle of the Griffith Observatory between the ring of Saturn and the ring of Uranus....true story....or on the dog beach TWICE).  But, Brent and I have a great system.....we have latex gloves we carry in our pockets (I carry 2 after the beach incident) so that we can pick it up without touching it and then fold the glove inside out with the poop inside and then throw it away!

Ok..enough about that..Im just venting.  Anyway, had a BLAST (from the past) with Staci this week!!!  We did Venice beach, observatory, SPRINKLES, IN AND OUT BURGER, tar pits, farmer's market, and the last night she was here (also Mardi Gras) an awesome Gay Pride Mardi Gras party.  (more on that later...its a whole story in an of itself.....).  But, I did get to meet 2 "celebrities".  Yes, I use that word VERY frivolously. One, as you may have read on my FB was Luke Adams.  He was a Deaf guy that was on the Amazing Race and is actually on again this season.  And the other was totally random.  I knew it was election day, but I had no idea while I was at the gay bar, I was standing less than a foot away from one of the people running for City Council!  So....John D'Amico.  Anyway..they stopped the music every once in awhile to announce the section results and there was a HUGE uproar when he won each division.  Then, when they announced the winner, I was standing RIGHT by him again.  We all took a pic of him (decked out in party beads at the gay bar I might add..hehe) and he slipped me his card and told him to call him anytime.  hehe.  He was really nice!!  Anyway, that was quite a fun Mardi Gras.  I'm not giving anything up for lent, as the church I grew up with doesn't really do so but..What are you giving up?

Monday brings Dawn and Patty!!  Dawn already told me she was ready for a night on the town so....we'll have to make her eat her words, I think.  So excited to see them!!!!  Let me guess...the next blog will be:  "We went to Griffith Park, IN and OUT Burger, SPRINKLES, the beach and the Farmer's Market"...hehe.  Its all of our favorite things so we HAVE to share them!!

Also, the following Wed (the 23rd) Brent and I have standby tickets for ELLEN!!!!  And...Daniel doesn't want to go anymore so I actually have a 3rd if anyone wants to come see me!!

As far as what we will do next, we THINK we are going to be able to re-up here.  Brent can 1 more time at Cedars Sinai so I think we will take advantage of that!!  However, we might take 2 weeks to come home to visit....Centralia, KC and then Iowa.  So...LOOK OUT!!  Hopefully the last week of April/beginning of May we will be coming home!!  WOOHOO!!!!

Misses, Kisses, and Loves to all!!!
(sorry this one was kinda lame.  love you for reading!!) 

1 comment:

  1. I always love reading these! It makes me feel like Im part of your and that I am there with you! ha I am in Texas right now! So much closer to you then Missouri!!! I miss you so much and hope to see you soon at the end of April or May!!! If you stay in Cali longer for the summer, i will be in Texas! We should meet half way or something!! ahaha

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete