Friday, March 25, 2011

3/25

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAWN ON SAT 3/26!!  She'll be 29 so, feel free to send her a happy birthday wish!!  ;)

BUSY.  Thats about all I have to write for this blog...you know, save you the time to read all the boring details and just let you know we have been BUSY. 

Last week Dawn and Patty came to visit!!!  It was great!  We did our typical touristy/favorite things.  No shows but who needs a show when you can go to Venice beach?!  Its a show in and of itself.  We got to take them to the Griffith Observatory and Patty of course got to eat her famous Pink's hot dog...though I don't get the glitz and glamour.....oh well.  Thats a taste only a mother could love......;) 

As most of you know I had a little too much fun on St. Patrick's day and as a result have been without a phone since.  I truly believe it was stolen as I had it on minute, commenting on my friend Blake's facebook status and the next minute it wasn't in my pocket.  No one turned it in at the bar (despite what I thought was a pretty hefty karmatic savings account, as Brent and I found a phone on Mardi Gras and turned it in but, oh well) and it wasn't on the floor or near the bench I had JUST been sitting at.  But, thats life.  In fact, I believe Patty had just told me the night before to get off the phone and stop missing out on life.  lol.  She said it cause I didnt' see the fox cross the road......but I guess fate decided I needed to learn the lesson the hard way, so I am.  The only thing I am really upset about is the pictures I am missing from my phone (our drive out to CA in San Francisco, pictures of my niece and nephews, pictures of my mom and Calvin at the beach, the only picture I had of me meeting Luke Adams (the contestant from Amazing Race who is Deaf) and DEFINETLY ticked about losing the creeper pictures I took of Kate Flannery (Meredith from The Office) on St. Patrick's day.  Lucky for picture messaging, I think I can have the people I sent the pictures to send them back to me when I get my new phone.....WHICH SHOULD BE MONDAY!!  woohoooooo!!! 

Ok, enough materialism.....how is everyone?!  Our friends Kim and Jim are in town this week.  She won a silent auction and it was for a trip out here so it worked out PERFECTLY!!  Although, I feel terrible becaus the weather has been crap-py.  Rain sooo much of the time.  (if you are a true Carly's blog follower, you will know its free subs for all now!!  Poor Subway is probably going to go out of business with all this rain.  haha)

Well, peace and love and HAPPINESS to you all!!  Brent and I (hopefully) will be traveling home for a short visit at the end of April.  We are going to TRY to come 4/22, be in Centralia for a short time, travel up to Iowa for our cousin's wedding, then I will drop him off to fly back for work and I am planning on a day or 2 in KC and a week or so in Centralia!!  Hope to see you all. 

Oh..one last thing.  Brent is in the process of resigning his LA contract, so it looks like we'll be here until the end of July.....all teacher friends/families, call your travel agent (ME) now!!!  

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment